A Special Message from Chilfest HQ
Finally, after almost 20 months and four date changes… it's just four weeks until Chilfest 2021: it's time to party like it’s the 1980s!!!
The continued success of the vaccination roll-out in the UK means it's increasingly likely that the government's aim of lifting most legal limits on social contact from the 19th of July will be achieved.
While the outlook is extremely positive, your safety, as well as that of our performer's crew and staff, remains Chilfest's NUMBER ONE priority.
We will therefore be maintaining certain measures to ensure you can have a truly POPTASTIC time at Chilfest!
- Our festival capacity will be reduced and the festival area will be increased for your safety and comfort.
- Chilfest would like to encourage you to complete a rapid test (lateral flow) twice in the week before the event, with the last test being completed within 48 hours before the event. After the event, twice-weekly tests should be completed. This is not compulsory, but by taking part you will help us to keep fellow Chilfest fans as safe as possible.
- DO NOT attend Chilfest if after the 14th of July you have tested positive for Covid-19, have had contact with a known or suspected Covid-19 case, or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- If you receive a positive lateral flow test result, you and your household should self-isolate immediately. You should arrange a confirmatory PCR test within 48 hours by booking online:
Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) or by dialling 119.
- DO NOT attend Chilfest if you are experiencing any known COVID-19 symptoms, currently as follows:
A high temperature
A new, continuous cough
A loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell
- Customer-facing staff will be wearing face coverings and regularly using hand sanitiser.
- Please wear your face covering whilst waiting in a queue, or moving around the site (unless you are exempt or under the age of 11).
- You do not need to wear your face covering when you are enjoying the music.
- There will be enhanced cleaning schedules of all touch points on site.
- There will be stewards actively managing the queues to the entrance gates. Please follow steward directions on the day.
- Before you get to the entrance gates, please ensure that each member of the party has a ticket ready to present to the stewards at the entrance. This will really increase efficiency and reduce density at the entrance point.
- Whilst queuing please maintain social distance from your fellow festival goers. This will make the queues look longer, but please be assured they will be moving people through your gates as swiftly as possible.
- Security will be checking your bags at point of entry, however they will not touch your belongings.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided throughout the site, please make regular use of them. Especially prior to eating, drinking or smoking.
Home testing is free and very easy, you also get your results within 30 minutes
To order a Free lateral flow test kit, please click the link below
Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
For information on COVID-19 testing centres in Hertfordshire, click the link below
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in Hertfordshire | Hertfordshire County Council
HANDS, FACE, SPACE, FRESH AIR